Alice Krueser: For the Love of Art and Curation

There are dozens of online platforms for artists to promote their work, but finding one that can help best advance a career or locate the perfect venue is more complex. In fact, it’s often a need (and a requirement!) that is best filled with a human touch and a lot of experience!

Alice Krueser is that “human touch” for up and coming artists.  An avid art collector herself, Alice and her husband started their own art collection 8 years ago and opened an online store where today she sells from her own collection and educates clients on the importance of artistic value and historical meaning.

Her love for art, design and the fulfillment of connecting with artists and venues led into a second project; an online magazine — Art & Design Matters, a hand curated and edited Paper.li dedicated to showcasing and helping promote independent artists and museums, as well as keeping a flow of “art in the news” for the art community.

Alice caught our eye with the catchy subject lines she creates every week for her curated e-newsletter. They are created with love, care and flair to reflect her featured story and capture the hearts of her subscribers. It’s curation for the love of art (and connecting!) at its best!

Alice, why did you decide to curate Art & Design Matters?

Curating the Art & Design Matters magazine aids in the process of learning and staying informed about articles of interest for both my readers and for me.  Everything is very interesting to me; researching and learning about the lives of our past (associated with acquired tangible pieces of various art mediums), and often present times, while shining a light on their story, and sharing it with others through the process of the acquisitions and sales of my collections which I am able to accomplish through social media.

How do you find artists to promote?

Either I run into their social pages, get recommendations or receive emails from artists who want to be featured.

Artists, who would like to be considered to be promoted via Art & Design Matters, may contact us through ArtandDesignMatters.com.

What do you take into consideration when highlighting an artist?

One requirement would be that they are currently utilizing social media and are familiar with how to self-promote or have an administrator who does this for them.

It is also important that they have a serious professional attitude and that their social media networks are an example of that, they must resonate with the regular audience.

ARTIST AND DESIGNERS: GET YOUR SOCIAL ON!

What Social Network do you think artists and designers MUST participate in?

The social networks that I think are a “must to participate” are Paper.li, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, StumbleUpon, and LinkedIn in addition to an email sign up provider.  Art & Design Matters has its social media engine “revved up” at all times utilizing these venues.  One does not survive well without the others while building our social currency.

How has Paper.li helped you with the promotion of Art & Design?

Paper.li has added tremendous value to our promotions with its many features including its newly added customizable subject line feature to grasp the attention of our growing subscribership.  One of our goals is to translate our email sign ups to subscribers of our Paper.li magazine.  Our social media engine would not be complete without Paper.li services.

Also, my Art & Design Matters magazine is a huge learning tool for my “like-minded” readers and I.  It also serves as a tool to put forth my philanthropic actions, such as sharing the short videos I create for artists by including them in the paper from time to time.  Art & Design Matters supports the arts!

Get your paper focused and take advantage of all the Pro features

If you have a topic you’re passionate about, creating a Paper.li about it is a great way for promoting it. If you’re a Pro publisher, you have many personalization and promotion tools at hand. From modifying CSS to curating your own newsletters.

The curated newsletter is a great feature – you can maintain your subscribers informed by sending them a personalized message with the top news from each edition. If you wanted to highlight someone or something, we recommend you curate news from/about them and send them along with a nice message.

Alice is a champion curator and avid Paper.li PRO user. Connect with Alice to talk about art, culture or best practices for your Paper.li! 

Suggested reading

Connect with Alice Krueser